Terms and Conditions
- APU Neon Run 2023: Charity fundraising run organised by Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU), which is a half-day event including carnival and run.
- 6th of May 2023
- Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation, and Mranti Park
- The group of people who organise the Event, which are the students and staff of Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation.
- The individual(s) who take(s) part in the Event.
- Event crews, marshalls, medical staff, security personnels and any individual who are officially attached to the Organiser.
- Official Website
- Official Social Media
- The designated portal which was authorised by the Organiser to undergo the registration process of this Event, which is https://getbiib.com/events/771
Parents or Legal Guardians
- The parents or the guardians in law of the Participant.
- An admission category that provides discounted rates for students who are under the age of 18 or students in higher education institutes that possess a valid student ID.
- This Event is open to all Malaysians and foreigners that are legally staying in Malaysia.
- This Event is a non-competitive event whereby no prizes will be provided to top finishers.
- The Participant is eligible to receive a finisher medal upon completion of the run.
- The Participant must visit the redemption counter to collect the finisher medal.
- The runner T-shirt and finisher medal are not for commercial sale.
- The Organiser retains the right to restrict and/or deny participation in the event and related activities without explanation or prior notification.
- The Official Website and Official Social Media following with its organisation, content, design, graphics, and other elements, are protected by relevant copyright and intellectual property laws. Without obtaining the Organiser’s prior written permission, it is strictly forbidden to engage in any activities that involve the copying, reproduction, utilisation, alteration, or publication of any part of all of these materials, either in full or in part.
- All ideas, notes, recommendations, concepts, or other information that is submitted to the Organiser by the Participant, referred to collectively as "Submissions," shall be considered and shall remain the sole property of the Organiser. The Organiser is not bound by any confidentiality obligation regarding these Submissions. The Organiser shall have the right to claim Ownership of all existing and future rights, of any kind and nature, related to these Submissions and may use them for any purpose without any compensation being owed to the party providing the Submissions.
- The Organiser retains the right to modify the Event's Terms and Conditions as they see fit at any time without prior notice. In the event of any ambiguity in the provisions, the Organiser shall have the final say in interpretation and shall take into consideration the impact on all affected Participants.
- Any updates regarding the event, including modifications to the Terms and Conditions, will be made available on the Official Website. It is the obligation of the Participant to stay informed of these updates and changes. The Organiser shall not be held responsible for any loss and inconvenience caused.
- In case of any discrepancy between the Official Website and the Portal, the Terms and Conditions stated on the Official Website shall take precedence.
By enrolling and furnishing any information, whether personal or otherwise, with the intention
of participating in the Event or any related activity or activities, the Participant is
considered to have consented or explicitly authorised the following:-
- The Organiser may enlist the service of third parties to handle the Participant's personal data in order to ensure the seamless organisation of the Event. These third parties are bound by contractual obligation to only use the Participant's personal data for the designated purposes stated here or for the purpose of the event, and not for any other purpose.
- The Participant grants permission to the Organiser to gather, manage, arrange, and store personal information pertaining to the Participant.
- The Organiser is authorised to use the personal data of the Participant, such as names, photographs, and audio and/or visual recordings, for advertising and promotional purposes, without remuneration or prior notice to the Participants of the Event, as well as for statistical analysis intended for planning and enhancing the Event.
- The Participants are required to complete their registration exclusively through the designated Portal. Any other method of registration without authorisation from the Organiser will not be accepted.
- Each registration ticket obtained through the Portal grants one Participant entry to the event. Duplicate entries are not permitted and are strictly prohibited.
- The Participant must be age 18 and above by or on the Event Date.
- Participants aged under the age of 18 years on the Event Date must be registered with Parents or Legal Guardians’ consent. Any registration for Participant under the age of 18 years are deemed to be consented to by the Parents or Legal Guardians who are aware of the Terms and Conditions and have fully accepted them.
- For Student Category (age of 18 and above – individual or group), please upload the scanning of the student cards as proof on the Portal.
- If the Participant withdraws their consent or authorisation before the commencement of the Event, the Participant will be considered to have withdrawn from the Event.
- The Participant is eligible to participate in the Event solely if they have accurately and completely filled out the registration form and remitted the full registration fee.
- The Participant's intent to adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the Event is confirmed by completing the official registration.
- In the event that the Participant submits information that is inaccurate, false, incomplete, or outdated, or if the Organiser has reasonable cause to suspect that such information is inaccurate, false, incomplete, or outdated, the Organiser reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Participant's registration without any refund.
- The Organiser will not assume responsibility for any extra interest or fees that may be charged by the Participant's bank or credit card during the registration process.
- Once the registration is confirmed, it is strictly prohibited for the Participant to transfer their race entry to a third party.
- The Organiser retains the right to conclude registration before the deadline, and/or when the quota is filled, without giving any prior notice.
- It is required that all registrations be completed before or by the stated deadline. Any registrations made on-site will not be accommodated.
Race Kit Collection
- To ensure verification, the Participant is required to present their proof of registration during the collection of the race kit. Failure to do so will result in disqualification without any refund. Each registered runner is entitled to only one race kit.
- For registration of Student Admission type, Participants under the age of 18 are permitted to collect their race kit without presenting a student ID. Runners who are 18 years of age or older must present a valid student ID in order to collect their race kit, failure to do so will result in disqualification without any refund.
- Collecting the race kit on behalf of other individuals is permissible only if the representative are able to present the proof of registration and identification information of the Participant that s/he is collecting on behalf.
- Changing the runner tee size during the collection of the race kit is not allowed. The Participant is required to adhere to the size they had registered.
- Once the runner's entitlement has been collected, the Participant is solely responsible for it. The Organiser will not be liable to re-issue, exchange, or offer compensation for any lost or damaged runner's entitlement.
- The items listed in the runner’s entitlement are subject to changes, as the Organiser retains the right to substitute or remove any items.
Venue’s Cleanliness and Preservations
- The participant is required to behave in a professional and polite manner throughout the duration of the event. This includes refraining from urinating or defecating in any location adjacent to or on the race course, except in designated restroom facilities. Any individual who violates this regulation of conduct will be disqualified from the event and will be requested to leave the course.
- The participant is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the event premises.
- The Participant is recommended to utilise public transportation.
- Participants who own vehicles must ensure that their vehicles do not cause any traffic disruptions.
- The Participant must adhere to the designated course for the entire race. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The Organiser retains the authority to modify the event routes as deemed necessary for the safety of the Participants and to prevent potential hazards during the event, without prior notice to the Participant. However, the Organiser will make every effort to notify the Participants ahead of the Event Date. The Organiser will not be held responsible for any inconvenience or loss incurred as a result of these changes.
- With the exception of authorised race and medical vehicles, pets or any form of wheel-operated transportation such as inline skates, strollers, push cars, and shoes with built-in or attached rollers are prohibited on the course.
- The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Event Date and/or Venue or to postpone or cancel the event for any reason, including unforeseeable circumstances beyond the Organiser's control (such as extreme weather conditions, acts of God, terrorism, or other conditions) that make it impossible or unsafe to hold the event. In such cases, the Organiser will notify the participant of any changes or cancellations prior to the event date, as feasible.
- The Organiser shall not assume any responsibility for items that are lost, damaged, or misplaced during the course of the Event.
- The Organiser retains the right to capture photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other form of record of the event, including participants, for any lawful purpose.
- The Participant will be issued a wristband and is required to wear it visibly during the event. Participants who do not wear the wristband will not be allowed to participate in the Event.
- The Participant is obligated to adhere to the directives provided by all Event Officials for the entirety of the Event.
- Participants who refuse to comply with the directives of Event Officials, engage in unsportsmanlike conduct, or act offensively towards officials through their behaviour or language may be excluded from the event and barred from future participation, as determined by race officials.
- The manifestation or articulation of political, philosophical, or religious views that are explicit, or the utterance of statements that may be regarded as offensive, hurtful, or derogatory, in any form or manner, during the Event is not allowed, and the individual responsible may be barred from participating in the Event.
- The Organiser retains the authority to disqualify the participant if they violate any of the Terms and Conditions.
Safety and Emergency Measures
- By participating in the Event, the Participant acknowledges and assumes all risks associated with such participation. The Participant hereby releases, waives, discharges, and relinquishes any and all claims for personal injury, property damage, or wrongful death which may occur during the Event or any activity related to it. The Participant further agrees not to initiate any legal proceedings or make any claims against the Organiser or any of its vendors for any personal injury, property damage, or death, regardless of whether such injury, damage or death was caused by the negligence or unintentional conduct of the Organiser or its vendors during the Event or any related activities.
- The Participant recognizes that involvement in the Event may require significant physical exertion. The Participant acknowledges that the Event may be physically challenging and is fully aware of the Event's nature and the associated medical and physical hazards that may arise.
- The Participant must accept full responsibility for their own actions during the Event and recognize that the Organiser will not be held responsible for any expenses, injury or illness incurred by the Participant as a result of participation.
- The Participant shall assume responsibility for their safety prior to and during the Event. The Participant is obligated to exercise reasonable caution to ensure the safety of other Participants and will adhere promptly to all guidelines and instructions provided by Event Officials.
- The Participant grants permission for official medically qualified personnel to administer any necessary medical treatment during the Event.
- In the interest of safety and wellbeing, the Organiser reserves the right to disallow the Participant from participating in the Event, whether it be at the beginning or during the course of the Event, if the Organiser or a medical representative determines that it would be medically or physically unwise for the Participant to take part due to health or medical concerns.
- The Organiser retains the authority to remove any Participant who is judged to be physically incapable of continuing the race, in order to prevent any further harm or injury to themselves.
- The Participant grants authorisation to the organiser’s medical staff to notify the Participant’s next of kin in the event of hospitalisation.
- The parents or legal guardians of any Participant under the age of 18 shall assume full responsibility for any incidents or injuries that may occur during the Event. The Organiser shall not be held liable for any such occurrences.
- Participants under the age of 12 may participate in the Event, provided they are accompanied by their Parents or Legal Guardians at all times during the course of the Event.
No Refund Policy
- In the event that a participant is unable to partake in the event, any paid entry fees and additional orders will not be refunded.
- The Organiser cannot be held accountable or liable for any losses or damages incurred as a result of the cancellation of registration and refunds, regardless of the circumstances.
- If the Event is cancelled or postponed due to force majeure, such as incidents that are beyond the Organiser's control or acts of God, resulting in it being impossible or unsafe to hold the Event, there will be no refund available.
- The Organiser retains the authority to deny entry to any individual or disqualify any Participant suspected of being under the influence of alcohol or banned substances, or any Participant who fails to provide proof of their identity or eligibility. Any Participant found to be dishonest will be disqualified without a refund.
- The Participant found to have submitted an invalid student card, such as having graduated or misusing someone else's student card, will be disqualified from the Event without a refund.
- The Organiser has the authority to prohibit a participant from participating in the Event or remove them from the Event if deemed necessary for safety reasons or to ensure the proper enjoyment of the Event for other participants, or for any other valid reason. In such cases, no refund will be provided.
- This service is provided "as is" and without any warranties, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose.
Fresh Events, its directors, employees, committees, volunteers, partners, licensees, agents,
suppliers, and its affiliates provide no warranty or guarantee that: -
- The service provided cannot guarantee uninterrupted, secure, or continuous availability at any given time or location, as stated by Fresh Events and its affiliates.
- Any errors or defects in the service will be rectified.
- The service provided is not infected with viruses or other harmful components.
- The service provided is not guaranteed to meet your requirements or expectations.